A grand year for music of all genres. Filled with great comebacks and amazing debuts. I honestly didn’t think that anything could top off or at least match 2013. Apparently I was wrong, 2014 was definitely an unforgettable year for music.
The Favorites (in alphabetical order):
- Alvvays – Alvvays
- Angel Olsen – Burn Your Fire for No Witness
- Aphex Twin – Syro
- Ariel Pink – pom pom
- Caribou – Our Love
- Cloud Nothings – Here and Nowhere Else
- D’Angelo – Black Messiah
- Damon Albarn – Everyday Robots
- FKA twigs – LP1
- Flying Lotus – You’re Dead!
- Future Islands – Singles
- Grouper – Ruins
- How to Dress Well – What Is This Heart?
- Jessie Ware – Tough Love
- Lykke Li – I Never Learn
- Mac DeMarco – Salad Days
- Perfume Genius – Too Bright
- Real Estate – Atlas
- Run the Jewels – Run the Jewels 2
- Sharon Van Etten – Are We There
- Spoon – They Want My Soul
- St. Vincent – St. Vincent
- Sun Kil Moon – Benji
- Sylvan Esso – Sylvan Esso
- The War on Drugs – Lost in the Dream
And if you’re interested in listening to every song that I liked this year, feel free to check out my four mixtapes for this year, each mixtape has 25 songs (100 in total).